I wanted to develop a previous blog about Heather Mills' latest venture; VBites. The website is fully launched and shows just how much is on her menu, and all completely vegan.
I watched her give a brief cooking lesson on This Morning, where she made a lovely lemongrass 'chicken' with coconut rice, and the recipe for chocolate muffins.
Looking at the menu on the VBites website, the majority of food is meat replacement; I'm not sure if this is an 'easy' way of making people believe that by going vegan, you can still eat meat-based meals. Personally I use very little meat replacement, and when I do I see it as kind of a treat. Meat replacement can often be fairly expensive. My favourites are:
1. Taifin, Tofu Weiners. In a baguette with ketchup, oh my they are good!
2. Redwoods Rashers. Best part of a fry up, or in a sandwich.
3. Linda McCartney Sausages. Goodbye hangover.
4. Redwoods Chicken Pieces. So versatile and YUM.
5. RealEat Mince. Not often, but Mr T makes the best spaghetti bolognaise in the world.
Maybe I'm just not used to seeing so much meat replacement on the menu. Most vegan/ veggie places rely on good old fashioned veggies, with the guest appearance of some home made bangers.
The real reason that I really want to try this place, is because Mills' mentioned on This Morning that they have a conveyor belt of cupcakes. This sounds amazing!! Like a sushi bar!!