Sunday 24 January 2010

Resolutions

This Sunday will mark 31 long days. It sounds quite silly, really.
But I will have gone 31 days without coffee.



It was part of my New Years Resolutions; to give something up/ try something new and challenge myself. Coffee is my weakness- I would buy three cups (three large cups) of coffee a day, which gradually reduced to one a day. Which really is still too much.

I craved coffee everyday; for some reason the cravings never went away; maybe my belly knew that coffee would return one day. This is the longest that I've been without a single ground bean of love, and I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to my first Medium Soya Latte! Heck, it's been so long that Costa have had two new advertising campaigns! I even managed to withstand the temptation of Peter Andre serving me coffee at Piccadilly Circus!

So now I'm moving onto February. I have a few ideas floating around; the one which I keep coming back to, is getting my Five-a-Day. Eating five portions of fruit and vegetables everyday. Sounds pretty easy, what with being vegan and all, and not really eating any meat replacement. But I really don't think that I do eat 5 a day! In fact sometimes I struggle just to eat three meals a day! So I think this challenge would be good for me. I'm a little worried about the cost, but it can't make that much difference to my shopping bill, right?

So what do you guys think? Any other suggestions and challenges you'd like me to try!

11 comments:

  1. Well done!! I'm with you on both of these...well sort of - I've switched to decaf and after having a day with NO fruit or veg recently (shame!) am also aiming to hit the 5 a day. I always find if I have faux meat and cheese in the house my fruit and veg intake plummets so I think I'll start with cutting that out. Good Luck to you!!

    Oh, and I NEED that super cute mug!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up sugar for 2 weeks and nearly went insane. I'm so addicted to sugar it's not even funny but I can't bake without it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woah! i could never... ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb- thanks! I think 5 a day will definitely help with more cooking ideas and healthier diet! Hopefully less sweets...!

    Naomi- I went 5 days without sugar, but was a sad time! Sugar makes life more fun.

    Philippa- try it! I thought I never could, but I bet my first coffee on Monday morning will be GOOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on giving up coffee for 31 days! I go without tea sometimes but I really love a cup or 2 in the morning.

    And that is the cutest mug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou! I keep trying to like tea, but it just doesn't taste nice to me! I think the flavours aren't strong enough- sometimes I can take peppermint tea.
    I <3 my mug, it's from Paperchase!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made my first cup of coffee for about six months this morning... and the soya milk curdled so I never got to drink it anyway! And yes, your mug is very cute ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Millie- yes soya milk doesn't like hot drinks! I think the trick is to add milk to the coffee granules before the milk. Though I'm not sure- I drink Oatly, and it doesn't curdle in hot drinks, so maybe give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got to say that is the cutest mug ever! I want it! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's cute isn't it! It's from Paperchase!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH! cute cup! I just love it! :D

    ReplyDelete