Wednesday 12 August 2009

Eat and Two Veg.

I've been flat hunting all week, which has led to lots of eating out, yes!
Monday was Franco Manca (see blog a few weeks ago!) which was incredible as ever. And yesterday was Eat and Two Veg. I finally got to cross it off my list! I was so impressed; beautiful surroundings with cute booths and vinyl seats, the menu offers a fair few vegan options. Nothing too amazing in terms of vegan alternatives, i.e. if they normally use mayo, don't expect to see a vegan mayo replacement. Which is a shame, but the vegan options that they do offer are really great. A little pricey but this is to be expected in the ultra sleek Marylebone High Street, nestled in between the cutest Cath Kidston store I've visited, and plenty of unique independent shops.

I chose the EatV Burger, which was brilliant. Really meaty texture and lovely smoked flavour. It came in a bun with caramelised onions, salsa and salad, piled with chips and small salad. My friend ordered the Squash Salad which had such a lovely marinade. Tofu is the vegan option, which had a smoked flavour. Salad leaves, cherry tomatoes, olives and butternut squash, the salad is tossed with handfuls of toasted seeds and finished with a fantastic house dressing. Both main meals came in at just under ten pounds.
They also offer fresh juices, a labelled wine list, a breakfast menu and dessert menu. However both the breakfast and dessert menus offer a limited and fairly uninspiring choice- unless you enjoy fruit salad for pudding.
I'll definitely be making a return trip for lunch; I really want to try the Crispy Luck, or Butternut Crumble.

www.eatandtwoveg.com

No comments:

Post a Comment