Friday 23 October 2009

Vegan MoFo: Tasty Treats!

Without getting ahead of myself, I think my mouth might be getting a little better...!
I've halved the amount of painkillers I'm taking, and had my first coffee in what feels like a month!
Must be all the positive thinking, mushy food and all the lovely comments people have been leaving for me here, and on twitter.
Today I even managed to eat...

Gingerbread Waffles!! Yummm. I used the recipe from Vegan Brunch It's the best <3
I drowned them in maple syrup and chopped up some fresh strawberries (still UK!).
And for a midnight snack while I watched Question Time on iplayer:

Using a pizza cutter I divided up some wraps which had been lolling around in my kitchen cupboards since last weekend, into 8 triangles. I brushed both sides with a light coating of oil and popped them in the oven for a few minutes to crisp up. Let them go a golden brown, and they'll finish crisping as they cool down. I tossed them in a bowl with sea salt, before serving them with some sweet chilli dipping sauce.
I'm still going to stick to my routine of resting and runny-food, but dream that by the weekend I can go to Borough Market and buy a nice loaf of crunchy bread and some olives and maybe even have some wine (!!!)

6 comments:

  1. yummy. i love baking tortillas, it does something magical to them!

    those waffles look great, i need to buy a waffle iron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, buy a waffle iron!! It's pretty much the best gift I've ever been given, and I'm completely addicted to gingerbread waffles x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, i need to find myself a waffle iron!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please get one!! Your life will then be complete!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which waffle iron do you have? It's next on my purchase list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was given a DeLonghi waffle iron- its great, no complains so far!x

    ReplyDelete